The biggest wave in cruise trends right now is luxury, small-ship expedition cruising. Many experienced and new-to-cruisers are expedition cruise-curious – and you might be one of them.
In this exclusive video series, we tell you everything you ever wanted to know about expedition cruising and were afraid to ask. Or maybe you didn’t know who to ask your questions about small-ship, luxury expedition cruising.
Well, we do.
Recently at the cruise industry’s biggest conference, Seatrade Global, World’s Greatest Cruises’ host and cruise travel journalist, Lynn Elmhirst, sat down with Seabourn’s Jen Martin.
Jen is Director, Product Development, Expeditions at Seabourn. She leads the team creating ultra-luxury cruise line Seabourn’s expedition cruise experiences for the existing ship, Seabourn Venture and upcoming Seabourn Pursuit.
Both are 250-guest, polar-class ships equipped with all the luxuries and amenities of a Seabourn cruise – plus expedition ‘toys’ like zodiacs, kayaks, and even mini-submarines for the ultimate marine exploration. Plus multiple, expert expedition guides who bring expedition cruising to life with information about the natural wonders, wildlife, natural and human history and culture you’re exploring on your expedition cruise.
If you ever wondered:
· What exactly is expedition cruising?
· How is it different from regular, luxury small-ship cruising?
· Where do expedition cruises sail? And where will they sail next?
· If I’ve been to a destination (like Antarctica) before on a ‘regular’ luxury, small-ship cruise, why would I go again – or to anywhere else - on an expedition cruise?
· Is expedition cruising the most authentic way to experience destinations?
· Who does expedition cruising appeal to? Is it right for me?
· Will you find like-minded people on board an expedition cruise?
· What about solo travelers?
· And… Why is expedition cruising the hottest cruise ticket around these days?
Those are exactly the kinds of questions Lynn and Jen discuss, and so much more, over the three videos in this World’s Greatest Cruises exclusive video series.
Take advantage of a sit-down exchange between an expedition cruising insider and cruise travel expert to discover what may be your new favorite way to cruise!
- What Exactly is Luxury Expedition Cruising?
- Where do Expedition Cruises Sail? And Where are they Headed?
- Is a Luxury Expedition Cruise Right for You?
Don’t miss all three videos in this exclusive, World’s Greatest Cruises, myth-busting video series.
Ask Lynn Elmhirst, Producer and Host, World's Greatest Cruises, anything about cruise / travel! Follow on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Image courtesy of Seabourn
All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be copied, re-published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Sign Up. Don't miss the latest in cruise travel.
Subscribe now for inspiration, news and expert tips, straight to your inbox.
Most Popular Episodes
- Oceania Cruises Christens 1st New Ship in a Decade and Introduces new Wine, Spirits and Culinary Experiences
- For the First Time Ever, a Luxury Cruise Will Sail Around the Entire Continent of Africa
- The Hottest New River Cruise Destination: AmaWaterways' Colombia Route Debuts in 2024 with Two Ships
- Social Media Safety Tips for Cruise Travelers
- Women at the Helm: Number of Female Cruise Line Heads Just DOUBLED