Lynn Elmhirst meets in-house Chief Naturalist Tony Garel and the famous bird residents of Harvest Caye. This is a cruise line private island experience we haven't seen before. Our Caribbean cruise on Regent Seven Seas Cruises included a day at Harvest Caye, and it turned out to be one of the most memorable days of our cruise.
Harvest Caye is an island a mile offshore mainland Belize. Like other cruise line private islands, Harvest Caye was developed as a beach port of call in the Caribbean for its guests by parent company Norwegian for its Regent Seven Seas Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, and Oceania guests. And when they developed it, in addition to a beach resort guest experience, Harvest Caye was designed to promote and support Belize's wildlife conservation goals.
By: Lynn Elmhirst Producer and Host, World's Greatest Cruises
Watch World’s Greatest Cruises on your local PBS TV station!
Most Recent from The Blog
- Another Luxury Hotel Chain Launches a Cruise Line: Four Seasons Yachts
- Canada Drops All COVID Restrictions for Cruise Travellers
- Size Does Matter: What Size Cruise Ship is Best for You?
- 1 Ship, 7 Rivers! AmaWaterways Introduces "Seven River Journey" on a Single Ship
- Another River Cruise Line Debuts on the Douro: First Avalon Waterways Portugal Cruises in 2024